As new breweries continue to pop up in the Pittsburgh area, we continue to order flights of beer.
- = Food available
- = Outdoor seating
- 412 Brewery‘s small, pet friendly tap room has almost 10 beers on tap with a small selection of wine and cocktails. We recommend 2 Hour Delay, a honey brown ale, and Alien Juice, a hibiscus peach sour. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
- Located in Parkway Theater, Abjuration Brewing Co. has a large viewing screen, bar, and plenty of seating to enjoy City Pasta‘s weekly menu. Flights aren’t available but the nearly 10 beers on draft are available in 4 oz. pours. We recommend the Coconut Cream Pie Ale, conditioned with coconut and Madagascar vanilla beans, and English Dark Mild, and Dessert Stout, conditioned with marshmallow fluff, brownies, cocoa nibs, and Madagascar vanilla beans. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Allegheny City Brewing
- Allegheny City Brewing, in Pittsburgh’s North Side, is a dog friendly brewery with just over 10 beers on tap. Flights of 5 are available. There is no menu, but food trucks are often parked out front and many local restaurants deliver to customers in the taproom playing one of the many available board games. We recommend My Name is Ribes, a sour red currant. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Aurochs Brewing Company
- Beer for everyone! Grab a board game and enjoy Aurochs Brewing Company‘s gluten free beer. All 10+ draft beers are available in a pint or taster. We recommend Lavender Wit, brewed with coriander, lavender, and lemons, and Peach Cobbler, aged with cinnamon, vanilla, peaches, and American Oak. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
- Brew Gentlemen is a classy establishment we’ve decided to refer to as rustic elegance. All of the 10+ beers on draft are available to sample in 6 oz. pours. We recommend White Sky, a chai wheat beer, and BG Dark Lager, a Czech dark larger. Check their website for beer yoga and food truck schedule. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Church Brew Works
- The Church Brew Works offers an extensive menu, small outdoor seating area, and 10+ beers on draft. Customers sit on smaller, but original pews, while gazing at copper and steel tanks brewing at the altar, beautiful stained glass windows, and high arched ceilings. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Cinderlands Beer Co.
- Cinderlands Beer Co. new to the Lawrenceville area has a small, continuously changing menu and almost 10 beers on draft. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Cobblehaus Brewing Company
- Cobblehaus Brewing Company, brewing Belgium and German beers with a twist, has 10+ beers on draft, a cozy lounge area with board games, gift shop, and large tap room. There is a small selection of local wine and cocktails. Flights aren’t available, but all beers are available in 5 oz. pours. The brewery provides a small snack menu, occasional food trucks, and partners with 3 local business to offer delivery to your bar stool. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
- With cozy, vintage living room furniture and a tag line Drink Comfortably, customers can relax while drinking from selection of 10+ draft beers. We recommend the Recliner, an oatmeal stout, and one of the Atomic habanero options in a flight of 3. The brewery doesn’t serve food but a small selection of snacks are available. Check the website for events like bingo, trivia, yoga, Bob Ross Painting, and food trucks. Couch Brewery has a great list of beer cocktails. We recommend the Lemmy made with vanilla vodka, Kahlua, and one of the stouts on draft. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Dancing Gnome Brewing Company
- Dancing Gnome Beer has branched out from exclusively hopped beer to include at least 1 stout or sour in the nearly 10 beers on draft. There are no flights, but half pints are available. The taproom with large windows and plenty of vegetation has limited seating. Check their website for a food truck schedule. We recommend the Bogtrotter, an American Imperial Stout. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
East End Brewing
- East End Brewing has a large outdoor area, indoor dining, and taproom. Flights of 3 or 6 are available to sample the nearly 20 beers on tap. We recommend Sacred Tulsi, a mixed fermented ale with holy basil, and Homewood Reserve, a bourbon barrel aged American stout. A menu of sandwiches, chicken wings, and vegetarian appetizers is available from Larder East End. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
- Grist House is a dog friendly brewery in Millvale. In lieu of a menu, customers can order from a scheduled food truck out front. With 10+ beers on tap and a large outdoor area, this brewery is always popular regardless of weather. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
- Hitchhiker Brewing Co. in Mount Lebanon opened a second location in Sharpsburg. The Mount Lebanon location offers a dog friendly taproom with a limited menu of appetizers and almost 10 beers on draft. Sharpsburg has a large tap room, board games, rotating food truck schedule, and more than 10 beers on draft. Sample 3 beers with a flight of 8 oz. pours. We recommend Broken Hearts, a chocolate and coffee Imperial stout collaboration with Leona’s Ice Cream, and Hawaiian Punch, an IPA brewed with passion fruit, guave, pineapple, mango, vanilla beans, and hibiscus. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
- The Pittsburgh Hofbrauhaus closely resembles the original Hofbrauhaus in Munich, Germany, with live music and giant pretzels imported from Germany. Aloisius. the beer angel, looks down on the patrons among the wooden picnic tables. There are plenty of seats inside and on the outdoor patio to enjoy the Bavarian menu. Every Saturday diners can compete in a Stein holding competition. Tapping of the seasonal craft beer keg is celebrated the first Wednesday every month and on tap in addition to the 3 classic Bavarian brews: Original Lager, Hefe Weizen, and Dunkel. A chalkboard menu features fruit infused Hefe Weizen with flavors such as blood orange, passion fruit, and blueberry. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Hop Farm Brewing Company
- Hop Farm Brewing Company has a small tap room with a menu from Provision Pittsburgh with starters and sandwiches. Flights of 5 are available to sample 10+ beers on tap. We recommend Fresh Pot of Porter, an American porter made with 30lbs of La Prima coffee, and Midden Tide, a collaboration with Merchant Oyster Company made with 50lbs of oyster shells. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Lincoln Avenue Brewery
- Lincoln Avenue Brewery has almost 10 beers on draft, 5 guest taps, and a small selection of hand crafted cocktails. A small menu features starters, salads, and paninis. We recommend the Jalapeno Machete Cream Ale. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
- Crafting beer since 1986, Penn Brewery has 7 year round beers on tap in addition to a small menu of seasonal, cider, and small batch drafts. The menu features old world dishes in addition to vegetarian options that can be enjoyed inside or in the outdoor, dog friendly biergarten. We recommend The Chocolate Meltdown, a chocolate milk stout released in February. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
- Sample the nearly 10 beers on draft with flights up to 5 in Roundabout Brewery‘s small taproom. A limited menu features sandwiches, soft pretzels, little round pies, and ice cream. We recommend the Irish Coffee Stout brewed with La Prima Coffee. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Southern Tier Brewing Company
- Pittsburgh is 1 of 4 Southern Tier Brewing Company locations. The brewery has a large tap room with a wrap around bar, dining area, and outdoor patio. About 5 of the nearly 20 draft beers available are brewed in house. A menu features appetizers, sandwiches, vegetarian and vegan options, and a small selection of entrees.
Spoonwood Brewing Company
- Spoonwood Brewing Company has a large, open indoor and outdoor seating area. There are 10+ unique beers on tap with an extensive menu of appetizers, wood fire oven pizza, salads, burgers, sandwiches, and brunch on Sundays.
Spring Hill Brewing
- Atop a steep hilltop sits Spring Hill Brewing, specializing in Belgian style session ales. Picnic tables and a large porch provide outdoor seating. An event hall shares the right side of the building. Corn hole and board games are available to entertain visitors while sampling the nearly 10 beers on draft and indulging in the outside food truck. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Strange Roots Experimental Ales
- After undergoing some changes, the brewery previously known as Draai Laag emerged in March 2018 as Strange Roots Experimental Ales. There are about 10 unique beers on tap and a menu of tacos, appetizers, and sandwiches. Two 5 oz. pours are available per person. There is ample outdoor seating and several tables inside accompanying a large bar. We recommend Cake Beer, a Belgian ale fermented with cake. Part of the Pittsburgh Breweries Trail.
Greater Pittsburgh Area Breweries
Crooked Tongue Brewing
- Off the beaten path, Crooked Tongue Brewing, LLC in Edinburg is worth the drive to try the 10+ unique beers on draft. The menu, events, and outdoor seating continue to grow. We recommend Zerbert Raspberry, an American stout brewed with raspberries.
Fury Brewing Company
- Stop by Fury Brewing Company‘s small tap room in Irwin to sample any of the nearly 20 beers on draft. Flights of 3 with 7 oz. pours are available. There isn’t a kitchen, but nearby Inferno delivers pizza, pasta, and wings to your bar stool. We recommend the Adharcaili Nitro Irish Dry Stout. Part of Laurel Highlands Pour Tour Passport.
Invisible Man Brewing
- Inspired by the movie The Invisible Man, Invisible Man Brewing in Greensburg, PA has a large, open tap room with flights of 4 or 6 available, and almost 10 beers on tap. Check their website for food truck schedules. We recommend Punches Revenge, a mixed berry smoothie sour. Part of Laurel Highlands Pour Tour Passport.
North Country Brewing Company
- North Country Brewing, in Slippery Rock has just over 10 beers on tap, a menu featuring vegan and vegetarian options, 2 bars, and outdoor seating. There are no televisions to distract customers from observing the unique wooden decor and seating in this two-story establishment.
Petrucci Brothers Brewing
- In an old electric company building, Petrucci Brothers Brewing in New Brighton has almost 10 beers on tap. Check out their website for upcoming events and food truck schedules. The brothers love to chat, share their beer knowledge, and discuss up coming plans.
- There isn’t a bare wall at Voodoo Brewery in Homestead. Beer cocktails are available in addition to the 10+ higher alcohol content beers on draft. During warmer weather, the garage door opens and the bar stools spill onto the sidewalk. There is a growing menu of pizza, burgers, pierogies, and snacks.
That’s all the breweries for now. Cheers!
Last updated: April 2020