Real Neat Blog Award
Thank you so much Supernatural Hippie for nominating The Traveling Gingerbread for the Real Neat Blog Award. The award was created in 2014 to bring attention to new and undiscovered blogs. Check out Ann-Marie’s blog, Supernatural Hippie . She’s an Irish poet and writer who travels to some unique places, like Dracula’s Castle in Transylvania, Romania for Halloween.
Rules of the Real Neat Blog Award
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers, link their blogs, and ask them 7 questions.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.).
Questions Asked by Supernatural Hippie
Why did you start a blog?
- Our blog started as a place to document details of our travelsin detail. As we were asked for recommendations and details about our adventures we started sharing our blog link with friends and family. Over time, we added tips to travel affordably and started sharing it with the world.
Where would be your ideal place to live, location and country?
- We always ask ourselves would we live here? as we travel around the world. Stephanie would like to live in coastal city preferably in Southern United States, but isn’t opposed to other countries. Mitch’s ideal place to live is San Diego, California.
Where do you want to be in life in 5 years, in the year 2025?
- Great question! We ask each other this from time to time and our only answer is something different, maybe a new house, a new job, a new city, we aren’t sure. We do know in 5 years we want to still be traveling the world together, hopefully with more vacation days.
What is your dream job, career, or the best way you would like to create an income?
- We often dream about ordering beer flights from breweries around the world in our self appointed roles as professional craft beer testers for a living. Mitch’s dream job is editing movie trailers or filming videos around the globe to promote travel (Dear G Adventures, Mitch has over 10 years of professional video production experience). Stephanie’s dream is getting paid to do what we already do: planning trips, creating itineraries, documenting our adventures, and seeing the world together.
Who would you most like to meet dead or alive? Would you have dinner with them or head to a bar?
- Anthony Bourdain. Normally we would chose to meet in a bar, but in this case dinner. His choice.
If you could create something fun for adults to do in your city to lift spirits, make life less serious, and bring out the inner child what would it be? It could even be a regular event or a new center or a one off thing. Use your imagination.
- We would create a center divided into different areas, each representing a different country. The countries would change every few months and feature traditional street food, decorations, colors, music, cocktails and beers, themed activities (dance lessons, cultural games, crafts), and employees would wear traditional clothing. Somehow, we would definitely incorporate a ball pit.
If you could go back to University what would you study?
- Mitch has a bachelor’s degree in electronic media production and works as a Multimedia Marketing Specialist. In an alternate universe, he would return to school to become an astronaut and assist in the first mission to Mars. Stephanie has a bachelor’s degree in marketing and master’s degree in Human Resources. Like most Americans neither is relevant in her role as a Field Support Technician, a fancy title for IT support. In an alternative universe, Stephanie would earn a degree in marine biology, but realistically return to study finance minoring in Spanish.
Our Nominees for the Real Neat Blog Award
- BIG tiny World Travel
- janaline’s world journey
- To the airport and beyond
- Stephanie @ Seeking Stephanie Travel Blog
- The Pineapple Backpacker
Questions for the Nominees
- What was the inspiration for your blog name?
- If you could travel to one place anywhere in the world with no restrictions where would you go?
- What are 3 things you consistently do to help save the planet?
- Where would you take us if we came to visit?
- What has been your most memorable travel experience?
- What has been your biggest challenge with maintaining your blog?
- When did you become hooked on traveling? What was the defining moment or experience?