Port Orleans Brewing Company
- Port Orleans Brewing Company has a large taproom and outdoor seating. Flights aren’t offered, but some drafts are available in 4 oz pours. The small menu offers suggested beer pairings.
- New Orleans Lager and Ale (NOLA) Brewery has a large taproom with upstairs seating, an outdoor patio, rooftop bar, board games, and a large menu from McClure’s Barbecue featuring barbecue every Wednesday from 5:00pm – close. Tours are available every Friday and Saturday 2:00pm – 3:00pm. We recommend Mocha Coffee Irish Channel, an American stout, with an order of chicken & sausage gumbo.
Urban South Brewery
- This was our favorite draft list of the breweries we visited. Urban South Brewery has a wide variety of flavors combining European styles and American flavors. Dogs are welcome in the large taproom. We recommend Ya Basic, a peppermint mocha coffee stout, and Son of a Nutcracker, a peanut butter chocolate stout.
Crescent City Brewhouse
- Crescent City Brewhouse, located in the French Quarter across from the Shops at Jax Brewery, has a 2 story dining area complete with a courtyard. The menu consists of appetizers, small plates, sandwiches, and a selection of entrées. Order a flight of 6 to try them all. We recommend Black Forest, a Munich style hopped dark beer.
Traveling Gingerbread Note: Local draft and bottled beers cost about $4 – $6 at bars and restaurants.
- Nola Distillery offers several packages including a 20 minute tour, spirit samples, and merchandise starting at $15. Spirit and daiquiri flights are available. We recommend a bloody mary made with trinity pepper infused vodka.
Seven Three Distilling Company
- Newer to the distilling scene, Seven Three Distilling Co., has a large tasting room and gift shop. The 45 minute tour includes an in depth view of the distilling process, 6 spirit samples, and some New Orleans history. The name Seven Three Distilling originated from the 73 districts in New Orleans, and each spirit is named after one of them: St. Roch Vodka, Treme Irish Channel Whisky, Gentilly Gin, Black Pearl Rum, and Marigny Moonshine. Bywater Bourbon coming fall of 2020! Discounted tours are available on Groupon.
Cajun Spirits Distillery
- Off the beaten path, we recommend calling before or scheduling a tour. Cajun Spirits Distillery is owned by 2 brothers and currently produces rum, vodka, and gin. All spirits are made from local Louisiana sugarcane. Sample core spirits in addition to current experimentals after the tour. Check out Groupon for discounted tours and tastings.