- Brewery Emperial, has rustic, shabby chic vibes with a large outdoor patio. The unique menu features items such as a Tempura Rabbit Roll, Scotch Egg, Mussels in Curry, Rabbit Mole, and a Falafel Burger. Ordering 2 flights, we are able to sample almost all of the 9 beers on tap. Note: unlike most flights, these samples are 8oz.
Border Brewing Company
- Border Brewing Company has a small taproom, outdoor patio, and 10 beers on tap. We highly recommend the Strawberry Blonde. This beer became our favorite strawberry beer at first sip.
Double Shift Brewing Co.
- Across the street from Border Brewing in an old bicycle shop is Double Shift Brewing Co. This brewery has 90’s vibes and many beers on the sour side.
Casual Animal Brewing Company
- After ordering a $9 flight of 5 in the tap-room of Casual Animal Brewing Company, we fill a basket with complimentary peanuts on our way to the small front patio. Being quite hungry when we reach Casual Animal, we can’t name a favorite beer since our flight tasted like peanuts.
Torn Label Brewing Company
- Torn Label Brewing Company has a small, dog friendly taproom. We sample nearly all the beers on tap by ordering a flight of 5. There are also specialty bottles of beers available. We recommend the Quadjillo.
Boulevard Brewing Company
- The 5th largest brewery in the United States, nearly every restaurant has a Boulevard Brewing Company beer on tap in Kansas City.
- Brewery tours depart every 15 minutes Monday – Thursday from 10:00am – 4:00pm and Friday – Sunday 10:00am – 5:00pm. The $5 tour takes about 45 minutes and includes 3 samples, but participation can earn more. The tour is entertaining, informative, and we highly recommend it.
- At an experimental Bar, visitors can sample new brews. If the reviews are successful, the beer is bottled. If it’s not a popular flavor, Boulevard Brewery pretends it never existed. Custom flights are not available on Saturday, but each person can order 2 – 5oz pours.
Strange Days Brewing Company
- Strange Days Brewing Company has a selection of globally inspired flavors; an Asian Saizuan with hints of lemongrass, an Australian Golden Ale, and an Indian Lager. We recommend the Mango Habanero Gose with the perfect amount of spice.
North Kansas City
Big Rip Brewing Company
- We ride across the Missouri River to the Big Rip Brewing Company in North Kansas City. We can’t quite figure out the vibes of this brewery, but a chain saw hangs from the ceiling and most of the beer labels resemble 80’s movie posters. Barbecue can be order from Hawg Jaw next door and complimentary popcorn is available. We recommend Bubba’s Cream Ale with a Hint of Banana.
Cinder Block Brewery
- Cinder Block Brewery has a lot of space with a large outdoor patio, taproom, and Reclamation event space. The Cinder Block Kitchen food truck is parked on the patio among corn hole boards, disc golf, picnic tables, and giant Jenga. Sipping a beer on the patio, we listen to live music from nearby Paul & Jack’s Tavern and Chicken N Pickle.
- Calibration Brewery has two options for flights of 5: $10 for standard beers or $12 for premium. We recommend the All Day, All Night Coconut Brown Ale, and Don’t Crash the Ambulance Chocolate Stout. This pub has plenty of seating inside and on the outdoor patio.
Love reading about the Traveling Gingerbread”s adventures!