In 1999 the non-profit Artists Guild of Manatee was formed to create a place artists could live, play, and work. Download a village map here and check the Village of the Arts’ day planner for a list of merchants and hours.
- Turning trash into treasure since 2015, Art Junkies, is the first studio we encounter in the vibrant Village of the Arts.
The Baobab Tree Gallery and Studios
- The Baobab Tree Gallery and Studios is open Friday and Saturday 11:00am – 4:00pm.
Jerk Dog Records
- New and used records, tapes, magazines, and comics focusing on music outside of the mainstream can be found at Jerk Dog Records. Open Wednesday – Friday 5:00pm – 8:00pm and Saturday 12:00pm – 4:00pm.
Little Swamp Studio and Gallery
- Jewelry, pottery, and wall art can be purchased at Little Swamp Studio & Gallery Thursday – Saturday 11:00am – 4:00pm or at their online store.
The Dancing Crane Gallery
- Follow the cranes down the sidewalk to The Dancing Crane Gallery with an assortment of acrylics and collages.
- At World Piece visitors can stop and relax with a massage, unwind in the sauna, or browse the collection of local teas and wearable art.
Bird Rock Taco Shack
- Bird Rock Taco Shack has over 17 tacos ranging from $2 – $6 each and 7 burritos to choose from. Open Tuesday – Thursday 12:00pm -9:00pm and Friday – Saturday 12:00pm – 10:00pm.
10th Avenue West Studios
- Since 2006, 10th Avenue West Studios has been transforming old tin roofs into unique sea life and fish.
Raven’s Whim Gallery/Alisa’s Refoveo Touch
- Raven’s Whim Gallery (pictured left) and Alisa’s Refoveo Touch, open Tuesday – Saturday 11:00am – 4:00pm turns recycled materials into mosaics and stained glass works of art.
Fun Girl Art LLC
Clay in the Garden Studios
The Village Mystic
- Everything holistic and metaphysical can be found at The Village Mystic a Gallery of Natural Art including candles and incense, tarot and oracle cards, oils, and crystals. Visitors can mine for gemstones at Mystic Mines.
- Psychic readings, aura cleansing, crystal healing, meditation, and chakra balancing services are also available. A variety of classes and events are available each month.
Bits & Pieces
Firestone Gallery and Design House
Divine Excess Folk Art Gallery
- Visiting the Village of the Arts early Sunday morning the merchants were closed, but we enjoyed looking at the colorful shops and unique yard decor.