In 1999 the non-profit Artists Guild of Manatee was formed to create a place artists could live, play, and work. Download a village map here and check the Village of the Arts’ day planner for a list of merchants and hours.
- Turning trash into treasure since 2015, Art Junkies, is the first studio we encounter in the vibrant Village of the Arts.
The Baobab Tree Gallery and Studios
- The Baobab Tree Gallery and Studios is open Friday and Saturday 11:00am – 4:00pm.
Jerk Dog Records
- New and used records, tapes, magazines, and comics focusing on music outside of the mainstream can be found at Jerk Dog Records. Open Wed – Friday 5:00pm – 8:00pm and Saturday 12:00pm – 4:00pm.
Little Swamp Studio and Gallery
- Jewelry, pottery, and wall art can be purchased at Little Swamp Studio & Gallery Thursday – Saturday 11:00am – 4:00pm or at their online store.
The Dancing Crane Gallery
- Follow the cranes down the sidewalk to The Dancing Crane Gallery with an assortment of acrylics and collages.
- At World Piece visitors can stop and relax with a massage, unwind in the sauna, or browse the collection of local teas and wearable art.
Bird Rock Taco Shack
- Bird Rock Taco Shack has over 17 tacos ranging from $2 – $6 each and 7 burritos to choose from. Open Tuesday – Thursday 12:00pm -9:00pm and Friday – Saturday 12:00pm – 10:00pm.
10th Avenue West Studios
- Since 2006, 10th Avenue West Studios has been transforming old tin roofs into unique sea life and fish.
Raven’s Whim Gallery/Alisa’s Refoveo Touch
- Raven’s Whim Gallery (pictured left) and Alisa’s Refoveo Touch, open Tuesday – Saturday 11:00am – 4:00pm turns recycled materials into mosaics and stained glass works of art.
Fun Girl Art LLC
Clay in the Garden Studios
The Village Mystic
- Everything holistic and metaphysical can be found at The Village Mystic a Gallery of Natural Art including candles and incense, tarot and oracle cards, oils, crystals, and visitors can mine for gemstones at Mystic Mines.
- Psychic readings, aura cleansing, crystal healing, meditation, and chakra balancing services are also available. A variety of classes and events are available each month.
Bits & Pieces
Firestone Gallery and Design House
Divine Excess Folk Art Gallery
Visiting the Village of the Arts early Sunday morning the merchants were closed, but we enjoyed looking at the colorful shops and unique yard decor.